In order to help the international shoppers navigate between the localized versions of your site, we will be adding a navigation feature to both the domestic and the translated pages.
If you wish to change its design in line with your brand needs, this is how you can customize your country selector.
Implementation of this tool provides the following value:
- It allows your shoppers to easily navigate between the sites and find the one that suits their needs best.
- It adds links (good for SEO) to the localized sites which should translate into organic traffic and orders.
- It shows Google that the localized sites are not duplicated content.
- A localized experience improves the likelihood of conversion
There are two ways of implementation of this feature:
- Country Selector:
* recommended if:
- you are ok with this implementation and it does not disturb your site's design.
We have found that the drop down selector is most efficient in communicating to your shoppers the possibility of choosing a different language version of your page.
- if you don't have a dev team (internal or external), e.g. if your store is set up on a platform like Shopify or BigCommerce which allow you to manage everything on your own without the need of being an expert coder
The available drop down positions are:
One of our Agents prior to launching the international sites will check whether the position of the Country Selector works with your page's design.
If you, however, feel its placement is not optimal, please reach out to one of our Agents for assistance.
- A link in the footer:
If, for whatever reason, you would like to not have the Country Selector drop down be available to your international buyers, please be informed, that there is an alternative solution - adding a link to the footer of your domestic page.
* recommended if:
- the Country Selector does not suit your needs
- if you have a dev team available (internal or external) as this implementation requires some additional coding work on your end
If this is the route you would like to take, please reach out to your dedicated Account Manager (if you are a Pro Plan subscriber) or one of our Customer Care Agents and you will be provided with the instructions.