Please find a ZIP file with the module source here.
Have your developers install this Magento2 module.
- Module should be extracted to "app/code/" inside Magento2 installation.
Extracting files should produce directory as "app/code/Glopal/Connector" and files like "app/code/Glopal/Connector/etc/config.xml"
- After installing the plugin the usual commands need to be run:
magento deploy:mode:set production
Important: Ensure that the developer switches to the correct user before running the above commands. If they were using them before for regular maintenance purposes (plugin activation, cache flushing, reindexing, etc.) there should be no problems.
In other case they may want to consult with your hosting provider tech support for extra details.
Module description notes for Developers
- The module enables a connection between your Magento2 store and Glopal services.
It exposes a set of connection endpoints under /glopal_connector (also /webinterpret_connector) allowing Glopal to connect with the store, synchronize products for advertising and shipping and send completed international orders back into Magento2 store.
In case there would be some server restrictions in maximum request time preventing such connection, Glopal may ask you to white-list specific IPs allowing longer requests to facilitate background connection.
- Glopal is localizing international sites with a Localization Engine solution that works as a front proxy before the Magento2 store.
For every international visitor browsing an international site, Glopal will forward requests from Google Cloud Platform back to the store, localizing the content in real time before serving the visitor.
If your Magento2 store has some DDoS protection that would block requests from GCP IP-range, please get in touch with our support in order to setup HTTP header based white-listing allowing requests from Glopal Localization Engine.
- Domestic visitors will not encounter any changes to the domestic page once the module is installed.
The store owner is required to perform the following actions:
- go to Store > Configuration > Glopal first in order to setup Glopal account
- provide required information to Glopal Customer Care agents during an introduction call (need by Glopal to set up international sites, advertising campaigns and activate the store)
Verify installation notes for Developers
To confirm module installation, developers can visit /glopal_connector/cart endpoint.
It should return a JSON document.
Activating the store
Step 1: Open Settings
- Once the module is installed international stores can be activated for a selected store view from Magento2 dashboard.
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Glopal > Settings.
- If you have more than one store views, select the store view to be used as a reference when launching international sites.
All international sites will use content, catalog, price and availability of this reference store view - with Glopal localizing site language and currency.
If launching with Glopal's Marketing Solution (Google Shopping Ads), you should have products from this reference store view uploaded to your Google Merchant Center account.
Step 2: Connect Account
- Fill in the form and create your account.
If you already have a Glopal account, click on “Connect your account” link and log in.
Step 3: Activate stores
- Fill in the form with your plugin settings and activate your stores.