Before we go deeper into the process of setting up custom domains/subdomains, please make sure you comply with the requirements listed below.
- Take a few minutes to list all domain names you are currently using
For each domain, please indicate if the domain is pointing or redirecting to another site (eg. http://example.com redirects to http://example.co.uk).
- Identify your registrars* for each domain
- It is usually handled by your hosting provider
- You should ask your IT team
- If lost, (yes, this happens...), use a whois website like https://whois.net/, https://www.whois.com/whois/.
It will give you the name of the registrar of your domain name(s).
* registrar - the company that manages the reservation of your Internet domain names (ie. GoDaddy, Domain.com, NameCheap.com, Bluehost.com, Gandi.net etc.)
- Get access to your DNS console
Beware you might have several if you are using multiple registrars for multiple domains.
- Get access to your Google Webmaster account