Glopal's service is set up in a way, where orders made by your foreign buyers via international checkout are automatically pushed to your Shopify backend with all relevant information.
On a rare occasion however there might be a need for you to create an order manually.
Below you can find instructions on how to proceed if this highly unlikely scenario takes place.
NOTE: Please make sure to fill out the order details with information provided to you by one of Glopal's Agents.
You can create orders on behalf of your customers and send them invoices from the Shopify admin or the Shopify app.
These orders in Shopify are called draft orders and will be converted to a regular order after you accept the payment for it.
To create a draft order:
- In your Shopify Admin go to Orders.
- Click Create Order.
- Add products by entering the name of the product or by browsing your inventory.
- Customize your order as required based on the information provided to you by one of Glopal's Agents
* Add or choose an existing customer
* Apply discounts if needed
* Add tags or a note
* Add shipping (remember to set the shipping address for the domestic hub if the buyer chose Glopal's Parcel Forwarding as the delivery method).
- Accept the payment and thus turn the draft into an order.
For a detailed instructions on each of the steps please see Shopify's video tutorial below.