Before we go deeper into the process of setting up custom domains and subdomains, please make sure you comply with the requirements listed below.
- Identify your domain provider* for each domain
- Domains and related DNS records are managed through your hosting provider
- You should ask your IT team or check invoices
- If you are not ablt to identify a domain provider, use an official domain lookup site https://lookup.icann.org . It will give you the name of the registrar of your domain name(s) and your current domain provider in the nameservers section..
- Get access to your DNS configuration panel
You might need to access several different configuration panels if you are using multiple providers for multiple domains.
We will ask you to add a few DNS records to enable localized domains/subdomains of your choice. The process is pretty straightforward and we will provide detailed instructions, however if you don't feel comfortable doing that, please forward the instructions to a qualified person in your IT team.
In case you own a domain from one of below providers, we suggest reading their dedicated user guides about how to manage DNS records.
- 1&1 IONOS
- 123 Reg
- Blacknight Solutions
- Google Domains
- Network Solutions
* domain provider - the company that manages the reservation of your Internet domain names (ie. GoDaddy, Domain.com, NameCheap.com, Bluehost.com, Gandi.net etc.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.