Before we go deeper into the process of setting up custom domains/subdomains, please make sure you comply with the requirements listed below.
- Take a few minutes to list all domain names you are currently using
For each domain, please indicate if the domain is pointing or redirecting to another site (e.g.
- Identify your registrars* for each domain
- It is often handled by your hosting provider
- You should ask your IT team
- If lost, (yes, this happens...), use a whois website like https://whois.net/, https://www.whois.com/whois/.
It will give you the name of the registrar of your domain name(s).
- Get access to your DNS configuration panel
Beware you might have several if you are using multiple registrars for multiple domains.
We will ask you to add a few DNS records to enable localized domains/subdomains of your choice. The process is pretty straightforward and we will provide detailed instructions, however if you don't feel comfortable doing that, please forward the instructions to a qualified person in your IT team.
* registrar - the company that manages the reservation of your Internet domain names (ie. GoDaddy, Domain.com, NameCheap.com, Bluehost.com, Gandi.net etc.)