All the international orders that are made via Glopal’s localized checkout are pushed directly into the BigCommerce platform. In order to assure the seamless process of the order creation, an integration with BigCommerce’s Orders API is used.
A public API that is exposed by BigCommerce to allow merchants to receive, process and manage the orders.
Each order is a record of a complete purchase and contains details of the buyers, their cart and transaction details. Glopal orders are made via our localized checkout.
There is a transaction when the payment is successful. The transaction amount is the total cost of the order. The transaction details come from PayPal.
Using BigCommerce Orders API, Glopal creates orders with the below data.
- Order number: A unique reference number to identify the order. Once the order is created, the order number is assigned automatically by the BigCommerce platform. (A)
- The date and time of the order: Identifies the timestamp of when the order was created. The data and time of the order are set by BigCommerce. The time zone used depends on your BigCommerce's configuration. (A)
- Source of the order: Defines which channel the order is coming from. Orders marked as “Google Shopping Worldwide by Glopal” are placed via Glopal’s international checkout. (B)
- Items listing: A list of ordered items. It contains a description, SKU of the item, options or/and variations. (C)
- Total price: It is the sum of the items price, shipping price and taxes if applicable. The price is converted into the store’s origin currency. (D) There is a possibility to send the order in the buyer’s paid currency.
- Tax: Percentage of tax applied to the item net price. Depending on the store’s VAT settings and buyer destination the tax price is VAT excluded or VAT included.
- Shipping price: This is a price that the buyer pays for the item delivery. Glopal collects this price during international checkout. (D)
- Shipping method: This is the shipping method name that the buyer selected on the international checkout. Shipping method may be Glopal’s or merchant’s. (E)
- Payment method: This is the payment method the buyer selected on the international checkout. Glopal only supports PayPal as payment gateway. (F)
Customer’s data are provided by PayPal and are retrieved from the buyer’s account.
Below are the details that are pushed to BigCommerce back-office.
- Buyer’s name
- Buyer’s shipping and billing addresses
- Buyer’s email address
- Buyer’s phone number
Note: Mentioned above information is shown on the picture (screenshot G)
This section contains additional information that Glopal sends with the order.
- Transaction details: This is the PayPal transaction id associated with the order. Glopal doesn’t create a transaction record in BigCommerce backend.
- Currency exchange rate: This is the mid market ECB rate that is used during the transaction. Glopal converts the price retrieved from the store into the buyer’s currency.
- Discount (if applicable): An amount or percentage that is deducted from the normal selling price.
- Details on price roundings / adjustments if applicable: This details the adjustment and rounding that were applied to the prices.
Note: Mentioned above information is shown on the picture (screenshot H)